Friday, November 22, 2013

LEAVING ON A JET PLANE | BEDN

This will be fun. Today the Blog Every Day in November community has been instructed to write about travel. Our travel experience, wish-list travels and/or our thoughts on travel.

I love to travel. I've traveled by plane, train and automobile. Not like the movie, Planes, Trains and Automobiles [click the link to watch the youtube trailer], all in one trip. Although, that might be an interesting trip to endeavor.

I love road trips the best. I've driven across the U.S. on a few occasions. Once with my family. Once with my family and a couple of friends who joined us. Once all by my lonesome.

My husband, +Paul M Edwards, and I did a road trip in 2008 where we joined my father-in-law, +Rick Edwards and some of his friends riding our motorcycles through Death Valley Nat'l Park. See some photos here: Death Valley Album. This is in Paul's photo gallery. All I can do is link to it. I selected slide show for the link. So, when you open the link it'll go right into slide show mode. It was a fun trip. But, like any trip it had its stressful moments.

One trip I remember as a young girl is with my parents and some of their friends to Lake Tahoe. It was in the middle of the Winter. There were skiers everywhere. The highlight of the trip for me was when we got to go out on the slopes and ride a toboggan down the mountainside. I remember screaming in excited joy. Ever since that time I've loved careening down big hills. When I was 12 we moved from Central California to Southern Indiana. I spent my teen Winter years snow sledding and hanging out around a big bonfire to stay warm and engaging with other sledders.

Now, every time I think of snow sledding it reminds me of Nat'l Lampoons Christmas Vacation when this happened:

I love that movie. Everything about it is hilariously funny and entertaining.

I remember one year Paul and I were traveling from Seattle to Southern Indiana to visit my family. We departed Seattle as it rained. We had a connecting flight in Houston. We heard an announcement that the flight would be delayed because of a huge storm and down pour of rain. Finally, they allowed us to board the plane. We ended up sitting there a little longer watching out the window of the plane as it poured rain. We never travel in the Wintertime because of ice and snow storms, etc.

In the early 2000s after Paul and I were married we traveled to Vancouver, B.C. Canada for business trips. We love it there.

One type of trip I've never been on is a cruise. So, on my travel wish list I'd love to go on a cruise. I don't care where to. Also, I'd love to travel to Australia and some other countries. It's one thing to look at pictures and read stories and watch video of other people's travels. It's another to actually experience it yourself. I love to experience life. I love to live life.

What about you? Do you have any travel stories to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment